Temporary Registration


If you are ill at University but not registered with us, you can still make an appointment as a temporary resident. Similarly, if you are registered with the Student Health Centre, and you become unwell whilst you are in your home town over the holidays, you can register at your old surgery as a temporary resident. If you go home and register as a permanent resident in your home town, you will have to re-register back at the Student Health Centre.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the Health Centre. However, Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Please fill in the Temporary Registration Form

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website