Sick Leave and Certificates


If you are unwell and unable to attend lectures, please inform the Campus switchboard and your lecturers for that day.Sickness Certificates

Absences of less than seven days require a “self certificate.” This is a form obtained from the Medical Centre, which is filled in by you. If you are unwell for more than this period, it is best to make an appointment to see the doctor who will then advise and certify as appropriate.

There are certain circumstances when the College does not accept self-certification:

  • Presentations whether group or individual.
  • Exhibitions of work scheduled for specific dates that involve the presence of external examiners.
  • Placements involving external examiners or assessors.
  • Unseen written examinations.
Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website