International Students

International students studying for over 6 months are eligible to register permanently with the health centre for the duration of their course. To register you will need to complete a registration pack, (available at the health centre) and bring a photocopy of your passport. Once you are registered you can make an appointment to see a doctor or nurse if you become unwell. For students staying for less than 6 months, you can register as a temporary resident. You will not need to do anything until you need to make an appointment at the health centre.

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages, these documents have now been archived but you can still view the document by clicking on "view the item you were looking for".

england EnglishUrdu Urdu
albania Albanianindia Hindi
egypt Arabiclithuania Lithuanian
bulgaria Bulgarianpoland Polish
china Chinese (Cantonese)portugal Portuguese
china Chinese (Mandarin)spain Spanish
russia RussianFrench French
Turkish TurkishPunjabi Punjabi
Gujerati GujeratiSomali Somali
Croatian CroatianBengali Bengali
Iran Farsi 

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website